: Health Tip: Prevent Heel Pain
Posted February 5, 2016
(HealthDay News) -- Heel pain can make everyday activities difficult and painful.
The American Podiatric Medical Association offers these preventive tips:
- Make sure your shoes fit well. Choose soles that are sturdy, help absorb shock and offer heel support.
- Toss out shoes that are heavily worn in the heels or soles.
- Wear shoes that are designed for your activity.
- Before exercise, warm up and stretch. Pace yourself as you exercise.
- Get plenty of rest and good nutrition, and lose any extra weight.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.